11 days ago
- About Us
- K-12 Student Handbook
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- HPD Anonymous Tip Line
- Lunch Menu
- Free & Reduced Lunch Information
- High School Activities
- Practice Gym Calendar
- Grades Powerschool
- School Library
- Migrant Education Program
- Pay Your School Lunch Bill
- Haines School YouTube
- Haines School Board
- Live Streaming Link
Welcome to the Haines Borough School District
6 months ago
- We believe in the value of the individual. Every student is unique, and is treated with respect and dignity.
- We believe high standards and expectations are essential for student success. A rigorous curriculum challenges students.
- We believe each student can learn and be successful. Differentiated learning opportunities are integral to all instruction.
- We believe in the education of the whole child and in providing a diverse learning environment.
- We believe in the value of community, and celebrate the diversity among us. Education is the responsibility of the student, family, school and community.
- We believe learning is a lifelong process. Education requires honest communication, assessment and continuous improvement.
- We believe a healthy school environment is essential for the success of our students. Students thrive in a learning environment that is healthy, safe, engaging and purposeful.
About the Haines Borough School District
about 1 month ago
The Haines Borough School District welcomes students living in the Upper Lynn Canal area to come learn at it's single site building. Currently, a little over 260 students attend the K-12 school and correspondence school.
The District is guided by the Strategic Plan that states our mission is "To graduate life-long learners with the confidence, skills and knowledge to realize their aspirations and contribute to a changing world."
With just over 20 teachers and several para-professionals, the adult to student ratio allows for every student to be more than a name on the page, but a member of the school community.
The curriculum is updated and integrated in the classroom through technology driven instruction. The District is grateful for the incredible technology program which manages a kindergarten through 3 grade 1 to 1 iPad program and grade 4 through 12 1 to 1 laptop program. The plan for technology includes "evergreening" technology throughout the school including interactive whiteboards, an online independent learning center, and educational interventions school wide.
Community of Haines
Haines, AK, sits at the northern end of the Lynn Canal, 90 miles north of Juneau. With a population of 2400 year round residents, Haines is the Alaska that everyone dreams about. Check out the following links for more information about the community.
By Web Master