- About Us
- K-12 Student Handbook
- HPD Anonymous Tip Line
- Lunch Menu
- Free & Reduced Lunch Info
- Pay Your School Lunch Bill
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- High School Activities
- Haines School YouTube
- Live Streaming Link
- Practice Gym Calendar
- Community Ed
- Grades Powerschool
- HS Publications
- School Library
- Migrant Education Program
- Haines School Board
Welcome to the Haines Borough School District
3 months ago
- We believe in the value of the individual. Every student is unique, and is treated with respect and dignity.
- We believe high standards and expectations are essential for student success. A rigorous curriculum challenges students.
- We believe each student can learn and be successful. Differentiated learning opportunities are integral to all instruction.
- We believe in the education of the whole child and in providing a diverse learning environment.
- We believe in the value of community, and celebrate the diversity among us. Education is the responsibility of the student, family, school and community.
- We believe learning is a lifelong process. Education requires honest communication, assessment and continuous improvement.
- We believe a healthy school environment is essential for the success of our students. Students thrive in a learning environment that is healthy, safe, engaging and purposeful.
2019 State Budget Information
18 days ago
The current FY 20 proposed budget reflects a reduction of $665,000 from the Department of Education and Early Development's contribution through the Base Student Allocation. Additionally, two initially approved capital improvement projects, replacement of the high school/gym roof and major upgrades to the locker rooms, were eliminated. Increases to indirect costs like a reduction of the local funding cap, elimination of the school bond debt reimbursement program, elimination of several early learning initiatives, and increased costs due to the proposed elimination of the Alaska Marine Highway need to also be considered when evaluating the overall impact to the Haines Borough School District.